We're proud to do our part in honouring our country's veterans, and giving back to those whose sacrifice and service define our great nation. Our duty is to provide you and your family with professional and dignified assistance during your time of need, and to support you in honouring your loved one for their dedication and selfless service.
We would be honoured to help you make arrangements for any combination of traditional military tributes.
Traditional Elements & Honours
Standard honour military funerals can include:
- A military chaplain for family members
- The Canadian flag draped over the casket, and given to the next of kin following the service
-Attendance & Tribute by the Royal Canadian Legion
-Playing of Last Post & Reveille at the Service
- The Playing of the Pipes at the service or gravesite
Other Veteran Benefits
In addition to coordinating honours related to the service itself, we can help you communicate with the Department of Veteran Affairs to arrange for:
- Headstones or Markers. The Department of Veteran Affairs may provide a headstone or marker for the graves of veterans and for eligible dependents of veterans buried in military cemeteries.
- Military Cemetery Monuments. The Department of Veteran Affairs may provide a cemetery monument for the graves of veterans who qualify.
- Reimbursement of Burial Expenses. For information on eligibility and the different levels of potential reimbursement, please call Veteran's Affairs or The Last Post Fund.
Please visit the following links for detailed information about the options available for honouring service members and other aspects of military funerals:
- Veterans Affairs Canada website
- The Last Post Fund
- Veterans' Funeral and Burial Benefits - Helpful information from Veterans Affairs Canada.
Creech's Funeral Home | Wainwright Funeral Services Ltd. 905-9th Street Wainwright, AB T9W 1E1 Phone (780) 842-4211